GLOSSYBOX | OCTOBER 2016

So... this is very new to my blog and if you read my October Birchbox post, you would know that I decided to take the plunge and cancel my subscription and try out GlossyBoxI decided to change after I came across the Glossybox's Instagram. I decided to have a peak, you know, to see what other boxes are offering and I clearly liked what I saw, plus I hadn't found Birchbox to be all that great so I thought it was time. When I first wanted to subscribe to a monthly beauty box, I did go back and forth between Birchbox and Glossybox and it was a very hard decision to make... so here I am now, trying out Glossybox!

The GlossyBox subscription is £10 + p&p monthly which I believe is the same as Birchbox. UNIIDAYS was actually holding a 25% discount for the first two months, so I've ended up getting this box and next months just at £10 including postage, which I feel has DEFINITELY been worth it so far! Each month's box comes in a beautiful pink (yay) box and everything wrapped inside with tissue paper and a ribbon which is a lovely touch!

So let's get onto exciting part... the ITEMS!


Trifle Cosmetics - Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream | RRP £12.95
This lipstick has the CUTEST packaging i've ever seen. As you can see from the photo above, it swatched as quite a nice nude pink, but unfortunately when applying to my lips, it came off very different (bummer). I don't know if it's because my lips are quite pigmented and dark, that it came out EXTREMELY pink, like a baby pink... which i'm not a fan of at all! It's not a very pigmented lipstick as it's mean't to be more of a moisturising lipstick and is infused with vitamin E, so it's pretty sheer on the lips! 


The Body Shop - Drops Of Youth Concentrate | RRP £25
I was really excited to see a product from The Body Shop as I literally LOVE all their products i've ever tried. This tiny little green bottle is a face serum which softens, soothes and brightens the skin! I've only tried this a couple times as I actually have specific facial cream I need to use for my breakouts, but I really like this. I was kind of expecting it to be a little oily, but it wasn't at all and made my skin feel SO SO SO soft. I don't think i'd repurchase this product unfortunately as it's hella expensive!

Universal Beauty Cosmetics - Secret Flush, Soothing Cream Blusher & Lip Stain Duo | RRP £15
I was super excited seeing this in the subscription. The first thing that stood out to me was how cute the packaging was! It kind of reminds me of Topshop makeup packaging, which I think is super sleek and cute. I've personally never heard of this brand, but as always I love trying out new brands and products. So this is a multi-tasker product that can be used as a cream blush or a lip stain which is really handy! The colour really reminds me of one of the NARS blushers but I really can't remember the name, ahhh!!! I'm not really much of a blush wearer and I do try to stay away from cream products as my skin tends to get oily very quickly so it hasn't been much use to me in that sense but I do like using it as a lip stain on those no makeup makeup days!


Bee Good - Honey & Camelina Facial Exfoliator | RRP £10.50
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Definitely my favourite from this month's box! If you've read any of my other blog posts, i've really gotten into skincare and exfoliating so when I saw this I was stoked. This facial exfoliator is suitable for all skin types and exfoliates, hydrates & calms the face all in one. I really love this exfoliator as it's super gentle on the skin and makes your skin feel INCREDIBLE after, definitely want to repurchase this once i'm finished!


New Beauty Shampoo (Head & Shoulders)
Obviously, as i'm writing this it's already been revealed what brand the mystery shampoo is from. I'll just say and be honest... I REALLY don't like it at all. I've seen people say they're really impressed, but it made my hair feel HORRIBLE. I've never actually used any products from Head & Shoulders (which is where it's from btw) so I can't say I've hated any of their other products. 


PS... Pro - HD Mascara Black | RRP £3
I was a little surprised to see a beauty product from Primark in the box and I know others were too, but i'll say i'm not disappointed at all as I LOVE this mascara! Primark recently (I say recently, but i'm not 100% sure) brought out a new makeup range called PS... Pro, everything is still super affordable, but better and higher quality. I actually wanted to try this mascara after seeing so many YouTubers using it in those 'Testing Primark Makeup' videos and heard really good things about it! I'm not much of a mascara fanatic as I have the shortest and thinest eyelashes ever so I always wear falsies, but this mascara really surprised me. I find it really does add volume and length to my lashes and I particularly like the wand/brush as it's really flexible and rubber. 


Overall, I'm really glad I did the switch from Birchbox to Glossybox as I definitely feel already that this is alot more suited to me & the next box looks good already! I hope you enjoyed today's blog post on my new beauty subscription box & many more to come. Apologising for the dodgy photos in the post, for some reason my lighting didn't want to cooperate with me and all the photos turned out weirdly patchy (soooo annoying)!

Post a Comment

© katherine-amy. Design by Fearne.