THE BEST OF BEAUTY 2016!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELIES!!! This is my first blog post in 2017. Wow, what a year it has been. So many ups and downs, i'm just so glad to see the end of 2016 and start fresh this year, so cliche lol new year new me. My new years resolution is to definitely start blogging more and create better content, so watch out! 

Anyways, I thought i'd do the Best Of Beauty 2016 including all my favourite and most used beauty products from the past year. I've seen this blog post do the rounds in the blogging world, so I thought i'd join in! If you've done this kind of post yourself, please, please leave a link to your blog down below, I would love to read them!

So, onto the best bit...

BASE PRODUCTS:
Applying the base makeup has to be my favourite part of putting my makeup on, weird I know, and for primer, the Benefit Matte Rescue has got to be my favourite. I've used it non-stop since purchasing it and it keeps my face matte throughout the day. I couldn't choose, so i've included two foundations, the Too Faced Born This Way & Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless, these foundations are just bomb.com for those with oily or combination skin, make you look absolutely flawless with the amazing coverage! I've tried a fair few new concealers this past year, but I always fall back to the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Light for highlighting under the eyes and the centre of the face, SO GOOD!!! For face powders, my most used is the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder for baking under the eyes, and the Rimmel London Stay Matte for the face. Lastly, you may have seen this product mentioned in quite a few of my blogposts, which is the Makeup Revolution Oil Control Spray, which is AMAZING. Love love love. 

CHEEK PRODUCTS:
No makeup is complete without some bronzing and highlighting! My ABSOLUTE favourite bronzer is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer, which has been my fave for years and years, I just can't seem to find another that could replace this little baby (any recommendations, please let me know in the comments!). For contouring, I don't think you can beat the good old Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light/Medium, I actually stopped using it for a couple of months, but i've been picking it up everyday recently and remembered why I loved it. Of course, my favourite... highlighters, ahhhh, okay so you guys must know by now that The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer is my ultimate fave, but i've also been using the BECCA Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop loads recently and sometimes mixed together which I LOVE. Also, another little highlighter, a cream product, the Topshop Glow Pot in Gleam. If you've read some of my blogposts from when I first started my blog, you would have seen this product mentioned plenty of times!

EYE PRODUCTS:
My brows have been changing recently and I've tried quite the few brow products the past year but haven't found anything better than my special combo of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown & the Benefit Ready, Set, Brow! gel which really defines all the hairs, love these two together. As an eye primer, I've loved using the MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot as it covers any veins or discolouration on the eye lid and is great for that clear base. You guys, must know what my favourite eyeshadow palette is by now... literally the whole of 2016 I was obsessed with the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette, I must have used it at LEAST twice a week. For single shadows, again the Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Eye Foil, which I must have used a million times (great dupe for the Stila foils btw) and Colourpop Sequin which is GORGEOUS!!! I'm not much of a mascara wearer, but my fave is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, nothing else gives my lashes the length and volume that this mascara does. I literally wear falsies 24/7 as my lashes are so short, and my favourites is these cheap set of 5 from Ebay, they're so wispy and fluttery!

LIP PRODUCTS:
Lastly, onto the lips! I always prep my lips before I apply any sort of lipstick or liquid lip to keep them hydrated, cause no one likes flakey lips, and my favourite has been the Dr.Paw Paw Original Balm. I previously did a blog post on these, so if you've read that, you will know why I LOVE this balm and if you haven't you can go read it here if you like! I can never put a lipstick on without lining my lips first, so my favourites have been the Gerard Cosmetics Cher Lip Pencil, Essence 05 Soft Berry Lip Liner and MAC SpiceIn the last year I really started to get into liquid lipsticks and my favourites BY FAR have been the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in 1995 and the NYX Liquid Suede (not sure what colour this is, sorry!!). I just absolutely LOVE the formula of these, not drying at all, so lightweight! Althought I literally wear liquid lipsticks 95% of the time, my all time favourites that I still use now and then, especially for when I'm wearing a more natural makeup look is the MAC Honey Love & Mehr. I've been using these for years and they're just perfect nudes!

Thats the end to my best beauty products of 2016. I hope you all have the best year and I would LOVE to know your favourite makeup products from last year, so write them down below!!!

Post a Comment

© katherine-amy. Design by Fearne.