SIMPLE SMOKEY EYE

So I was really stuck on what I should do for my first beauty related blog post and wrote down about a hundred blog post ideas, which is great as I now have lots of posts lined up. But eventually I decided on this really simple, glam, smokey eyeshadow look. It was so easy to create and only in a few steps!

For this look I used one of my newest additions to my eyeshadow palette collection, the Tarte Tartlette 2 In Bloom Palette. If you haven't got this eyeshadow palette in your collection, I highly recommend you invest in it. As soon as I saw it online I knew I had to get my hands on it, literally all the colours were right up my alley. Not only are the shadows so pigmented and buttery, they smell like chocolate too (bonus!!!) and of course, the packaging is to die for!
The palette is available in the UK on the QVC website 
for £32.40 or on the Sephora website for $45. 
Obviously, if you don't have this eyeshadow palette, any similar shadows you have will be just as good to create this look!


So lets get onto the eye look...


Step 1:
After priming my eyes, I applied the shadow 'CHARMER' all over my mobile lid and brow bone as a neutral base for all the shadows to blend seamlessly on top.
Step 2:
I applied 'SMARTY PANTS' just above the crease as a transition shade. This will help the other darker shadows blend into another nicely.
Step 3:
I then blended the shade 'REBEL' into the crease for definition and slowly built up the colour to my desired look.
Step 4:
Using a flat shader brush, I packed on the shadow 'LEADER' all over the lid, then took a clean fluffy blending brush to blend this shadow into the crease colour.
I repeated this step a few times to build up the colour payoff!
Step 5:
Lastly, I took a mixture of 'CHARMER' and 'FUNNY GIRL' as a brow bone highlight to tie the look together.



To finish the look, I applied mascara and some falsies (can't live without them!).
Here are some photos of the finished look...

Thank you for reading!







Post a Comment

© katherine-amy. Design by Fearne.