GLOSSYBOX | DECEMBER 2016

I know, I know... it's pretty late to be posting my December's Glossybox, but I can't not! It honestly feels like FOREVER since I did my last Glossybox blog post, but I am super excited for this month's box! I've only had 2 or 3 Glossboxes (I honestly can't remember and i'm being super lazy to check because i'm wrapped in duvet burrito rn) but I am so so so IMPRESSED with each month's box contents and so glad I changed over from Birchbox, sorry not sorry! This was easily my FAVOURITE Glossybox so far, just everything from the packaging, and the products were definitely up my alley and all makeup related, BONUS.

Decembers subscription didn't come in the usual girly pink box, which I always end up using as makeup storage in my drawers (great use btw) as for Christmas they went and made it all festive with some white and gold packaging and a gorgeous beige & gold bow, which I loved! Everything was wrapped nicely in some shredded paper and as soon as I opened the box, I knew I was going to love it all. You just know, when you know!

December's subscription box came with 5 FULL SIZE products, how amazing is that? No testers or sample sized products.. Glossybox, you do know how to treat us! All five products were makeup related, I wasn't aware that we actually had the option to choose from two different style of boxes in the end of November, which I think one was burgundy/red related and the other nude. Obviously, you can tell I got sent the nude box, which I am super happy about as I'm a nude kinda gal!

So, lets get onto the exciting part...

MDMFLOW - Semi-matte Lipstick in Bossy | RRP £18
This brand is completely new to my eyes, but this lipstick definitely stood out straight away when I opened the box with it's sleek, bright gold packaging. I honestly didn't expect to love the lipstick as much as I do, usually when I receive anything lip related in these kind of boxes, they're not really what I would use, but the colour is a gorgeous taupe nude, not too mention the finish is semi-matte which is all I ever wear! I will say that the colour of the lippie does apply differently to the colour of the bullet, but i'm not complaining as I prefer the warm, chocolate nude and I know I will get so much use out of this as I've already used it a ton!
Shop / mdmflow.com 

LIPCOTE - Browcote | RRP £6.99
You guys may know by now, I love brow products and i'm always up for trying something new, so when I saw a brow product I was so stoked! This is essentially a little brow gel, that seals in any brow product for long wear and is waterproof. I actually tried this product the same day as I was dying to use it and I love it! I've been using the Benefit Cosmetics Ready, Set, Brow! for months now and this has been a good contender. It has such a little brush which helps get into all the little brow hairs and the product really emphasises brow hairs for a bushier look, which is what i'm going for recently! I saw that there was two different products from Lipcote featured in this month's Glossboxes and others received a Lip product sealer, so I'm absolutely over the moon I got the Browcote as i'm in love and used it literally everyday since getting my box! Only thing I will say is, it kinda smells like glue... weird.
Shop / lipcote.com 


ESSENCE - Light Up Your Face Luminizer Palette | RRP £3
One of the items was this strobing trio from Essence, which I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. No photo does this palette justice I must say. For such an affordable product at £3, this luminizer palette is STUNNING. Of course, it's no BECCA Cosmetics or MAC, but it honestly does such a good job for the perfect glowy skin and is SUPER pigmented. In the palette there is three different highlighters, one satin which could be great for the under eye, and two shimmery, one gold and the other pink toned! So you get a real variety in the palette and i've had tons of use from it already!
Shop / essence.eu/uk


REVLON - Nail Enamel in Grey Suede | RRP £6.49
I'm never usually too pumped for nail varnish, as I hardly ever use them due to getting my nails done monthly, but as soon as I saw this in the box, I removed my nail varnish that night and had to put this on, I am in LOVE! Whenever I go to my nail technician, i'm there for a good 10 mins deciding which nail colour to choose, but I can never seem to get that perfect pinky nude that goes with my complexion, but honesty... omg, this is PERFECT for me!! 
Shop / superdrug.com 

GOSH - Mono Eyeshadow in Dark Green | RRP £8.99
Lastly, I got a single shadow from Gosh who i've heard of before and i'm sure they are stocked at Superdrug. When I saw this in the box, I was really excited to try it as i've been wanting a nice green shade and although it's not the worst eyeshadow i've used, i'm not too keen about it. In the pan, it looked super glittery/shimmery and when swatching it showed different! The swatch in the photo above was me really going back and forth to get a good pigment, but with one swatch it felt really dry and didn't have much pay-off which is a shame. I wouldn't personally buy this for the price it is and the quality as you can buy high-end single shadows for a similar price which I think are much better quality, or even Makeupgeek shadows for cheaper!
Shop / goshcopenhagen.dk


Hope you enjoyed my monthly Glossybox blog post and stay around for more!

Post a Comment

© katherine-amy. Design by Fearne.